F-111 Memorial, National Museum of the United States Air Force
Welcome! The goal of the F-111 Memorial Foundation is to design, construct, and do-nate a memorial to the National Museum of the United States Air Force, acknowledg-ing the units that operated the Vark/Raven, and the men and women who flew, main-tained, and supported the jet. The F/FB/EF-111 community has stepped up and we are well on our way toward our goal — a memorial of which we can be proud!
DONATE TO THE F/FB/EF-111 MEMORIAL PROJECT
1.Establish a not-for-profit foundation/fund. In late 2017, the F-111 Memorial Foundation was established as an Ohio Non-profit Corporation tasked with managing this project. This allows us to solicit donations for the design and fabrication of the memorial and pay for the operation of the foundation (website hosting, legal and accounting fees). An all-volunteer, uncompensated Executive Committee is carrying out the steps necessary to successfully accomplish our mission. Our current Executive Committee members are:
- Tom Bell, Secretary
- Dave Hindt, Executive Director
- Ed Jespersen, Treasurer
- Lee Monroe, Communications
- Jim Rotramel, History and Design
2. Communicate. This website, our monthly newsletter, and our email (email@example.com) al-low us to report progress and receive your inputs. More than 300 of you responded to two surveys conducted to determine your interest, with fully 85% of respondents indicating support.
3. The Memorial. There are a few options for a memorial at the NMUSAF (ref. Memorial Status page). Based on your survey responses and successful fund raising, the Executive Commit-tee determined that a large, stand-alone monument will serve as the foundational component of the F/FB/EF-111 Memorial. Additions to the memorial (e.g. plaques, benches, etc.) are feasible based on the community’s continued support.
4. Fund Raising. We have established a bank account, an on-line payment gateway, and an alternate means with check payment. Our initial fund-raising goal was established in 2017 at $50,000, to represent basic memorial content and comply with current NMUSAF valua-tion guidelines. The Executive Committee also anticipated subsequent goals that would enable phased additions to the memorial and address dedication expenses. In early December 2020, the foundation had an unexpected, yet welcome, surge in con-tributions. Donations nearly doubled to over $85,000, busting through our initial goal. Thank you for your generous donations as we continue to mature the memorial design!
5. Event Planning. A memorial dedication ceremony is an integral part of this effort. We are planning a community-wide reunion in conjunction with the dedication.